Friday, January 6, 2012

Favorite Things

We had a great Christmas exchange this year, thanks to Heather's great idea!  We had to give each person one of our favorite things, as long as it was $5 or under.  I had alot of fun picking out mine, and went a little unconventional.  I love to read, and wanted to get everyone my favorite books, but I could not narrow it down.  Then I thought to get everyone a favorite book that matched them.  The other problem I had was cost, there aren't many new books out there $5 or less, so I had to go with used.  I hope everyone enjoyed theirs!

I am enjoying mine!  Most are gone already.  The bag of gummies was enjoyed, and the Reeses sticks were enhaled.  Can I say the Espresso Pillows from Trader Joe's are amazing?  I've never had them with toffee pieces before, and wish I had a way to get more.  The popcorn tin is almost empty, and you can tell how much I have liked it, because I need to vacuum up some pieces that have dropped on the floor.  I may need to make sure my DVD Clash of the Titans doesn't end up in Faith's bags going back to school with her.  We love that movie!  (Nothing like a young Harry Hamlin)  I also now have plenty of Sharpies for when I need them, and Faith has her own, so I won't lose those to her either!  (Who doesn't like writing down things with Sharpies?)  The shop rag will be good for cleaning, and the tools are already put away to be used, which I always seem to need but never have.  My CD is in the car and on rotation, and I love the songs Faith included that I'm not familiar with, I am enjoying it very much!

I'm glad we are doing it again next year, and have a few ideas already.  It's easy, fun, and inexpensive.  And it expresses how the simple things can bring joy to us and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment