Sunday, March 28, 2010

Starbucks Rules

I have an addiction, and no it's not smoking, drinking, or any of those other vices you have running through your head right now. It is actually Starbucks peppermint mochas (nonfat, no whip, extra hot to be exact). I really try to keep my addiction at bay, but limiting it to 3 times a week is tough, no matter the expense! You may say to yourself, get a coffee maker and go the cheap route!!! It doesn't work that way people!!! I have tried to use the at home cappucino maker, with the steamer and purchased a milk frother but it doesn't work. It's like making your own beer at home, it's a pain in the butt and difficult to get the recipe exactly right.

I've tried other coffee shops, and many do make good mochas, but ask them to add the peppermint flavoring and YUCK. I don't know the exact ratio Starbucks uses, and I've watched the baristas (they use 3 pumps of the peppermint flavoring) but just can't copy it at all. I even have the large bottle of flavoring with a pump to try to measure it out, to no luck at all. My sister Heather does a great job with her vanilla lattes at home, but I just can't do it. My dream is to get Faith a job as a Starbucks barista and be set for life, but for some reason she just doesn't want to contribute to her mom's addiction. If Starbucks ever goes bankrupt and closes forever, god help the people around me. I will not be a happy camper at all if I don't get my fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment