Thursday, October 6, 2011

Creative in the Kitchen

Got your attention in the title, didn't I????  Everyone knows I don't have any creativity in the kitchen, but last week I made something out of leftovers that was GREAT.  I had made some bone in chicken breasts Sunday afternoon, baked with BBQ sauce.  To go with it, I had stuff in the cupboard to make some cornbread style baked corn (what we usually make at Thanksgiving).  It was pretty good, but after the first set of leftovers, there was still alot left, so I got to thinking...

Took shredded chicken and added the leftover cornbread baked corn and wrapped in a tortilla.  I covered the tortillas with enchilada sauce and baked to heat through, adding cheese the last 10 minutes.  It was delicious!!! (Unfortunately it made for two more sets of leftovers.   This cooking for one is worse than for two).

No comments:

Post a Comment