Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Edge

Sorry to tell you, this is not another Lincoln Rhyme or Katherine Dance installment in Deaver's other famous series, but it was quite interesting anyway.  The main character, Corte, is a member of a special government agency that protects certain citizens from murderers sent to get information in anyway possible.

I wonder if there is such a division in our government.  Deaver never actually names the group, but it was scary to think that there would be a need for such a force.  These people needing protection are in danger because of information they may have that someone is paying to learn any way possible, even by torture.  I thought I had the answer figured out in the beginning, but was managed to be proven wrong, which was actually a good thing because that was the main reason I kept reading.  While it kept me on the "edge" of my seat at times (like how I threw that in there?) I really didn't like most of the characters.  I just felt like they were there to help the story along, not having the story about them. 

I did learn something interesting:  did you know that the tops of your toes are the most sensitive part of your body?  Want to know how I can tell you this?  The guy trying to get information would carry two things with him to get people to talk:  fine sandpaper and a small bottle of rubbing alchohol.  I'll let you imagine what he would do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment