Saturday, March 26, 2011

Murder on the Leviathan

Erast Fandorin, the sleuth first introduced in the Winter Queen, is back in fine form again.  (Sidenote:  this is the best name for any detective I have ever read about)  I had started reading the series by Boris Akunin after reading about a current publication, and because I have to read the series in order, started at the beginning.

This installment is a good, old fashioned who done it with the murder suspects all together in the same place, a ship sailing across the ocean.  The setting is in the early 1900's, so they are truely stranded without much for outside communication, and basic instints are used by Fandorin to discover who is the guilty subject.

I have never read any Agatha Christie, but this series would be similar to her stories, I suppose.  Basic who done its with good characters are a nice break from the "deep thoughts" some recent books have given me.  I look forward to the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment