Friday, December 31, 2010

The Confession


Grisham does it again. Another legal thriller with a hot discussion topic. "The Confession" is an anticlimatic book, because I had great hopes it would turn out differently. However, once it ended I understood what point Grisham was trying to make. I can't discuss this one too much without giving away the plot, but I am still debating with myself the pros and cons of the death penalty.


I know that if a terrible crime is committed against a loved one or any child, I would be right up on that platform ready to plunge the needle, or pull the switch, but is it really the right thing to do? How many have been killed by states around the country who were actually innocent? The legal battle has so many gray areas in all parts of the country, how can a person actually determine it is the right thing to do? Why should a human being play God?


I don't want to get into any discussions on my blog surrounding such an explosive topic, but the book really made me wonder about my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment