Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

I have the greatest Dad in the world, and today is his birthday!!!!! Even though I know he does not like to have it acknowledged, I just have to post it!

Dad has worked very hard to make a good living for us while growing up. I remember him being gone stretches at a time when he was starting up the shop, and then remember waking up in the middle of the night when he was coming home from or going to work. I know he was gone alot, but I never felt like he was away on purpose, I always knew it was to support his family. He still had time to do special things for us, or be there to make sure we weren't getting into trouble.

I know we probably drove him nuts, having 3 girls in the house at one time, and I know it was difficult to listen to our fighting, but he hung in there because he loved us. We really put him through the ringer sometimes, and I hope he doesn't remember them!

Dad can fix anything that is broken, and any time we have problems, he is on our speed dial and he makes a point to come to help. I love to listen to his stories, especially about when he was young. I also love the fact that at this stage in our lives we have discovered a mutual love for some music--especially those road trips on vacation!

Thanks so much Dad for all that you have done for us and for always being there! By the way, the car is making a funny noise, can you help me out? (just kidding Dad--I'll wait until it is 20 below outside and have you look under the hood:))

No comments:

Post a Comment