Friday, June 11, 2010

Lucy's Paw

Poor Lucy. About every 6-8 months she cuts her paw. I don't know how she does it, only discover it when I find a faint bloody paw print on the window sill. The first time it happened I freaked, rushing her to the vet. Of course, nothing was found and they wrapped it up. I payed the bill (over $150) so we could come home and she could shake it like mad and get rid of the bandage.

The next time it happened I purchased some liquid bandaid for animals that can be used on minor cuts. The past couple of times Faith and I would hold her down and seal up the cut, getting the wrath and evil eye while she would try to furiously lick it away. That always solved the problem, until the latest one.

Came home from work last night and she won't put any weight on it. It is swollen, but thought I would wait until the morning. This morning she was running around, so I went to work. I came home and it is swollen again.

Now it has a bump. I think it might be a problem, but her nose is still cool and wet, which tells me she doesn't have a fever. I really feel bad about trying to avoid taking her to the vet, but I don't want to go in and them give me some medication and a big bill and send me home. I hate trying to make these kind of decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment