Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to School

It's that time again. Summer has flown by and school will be starting up again very soon. Yes, I am sad that it is Faith's last year, but I am mostly upset that another final 4 months of the year is soon upon us. Back to school starts the craziness that is my work life. We get a good taste of what is to come very soon. We are talking "fourth quarter" every day, knowing that the holiday season is soon coming. We are discussing when that first actual shipment of all holiday home will be arriving, and to wet our appetites, some is already trickling in. Yes, we unloaded our first Christmas item last week. Right now we are just throwing the boxes in a corner, hoping that they will slowly disappear, but unfortunately past years has taught me they will soon multiply like rabbits, until our lives are nothing but box after box of stuff I can't believe people spend their money on.

Why don't I just bite the bullet and call this job quits? I ask myself that every day, but every day I go back for another, always to be disappointed that things never change, they only get worse. It's really hard to throw away that almost 20 years aside and start all over. Change is not a good thing for me. I have yet to rearrange any of my furniture in any of the rooms I use in the apartment we have been living in for I think about 8 years. I keep hoping that the change in Faith's life that will be happening soon will awaken a desire in me to just do it, just change the lifestyle I have dug into and can't seem to see over the edge of that hole. Maybe I'm just tired tonight. Tomorrow is another day and I did get a four day weekend this week. Tomorrow I will love my job.......ok, who am I fooling????

No comments:

Post a Comment