Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Door To December


While looking around at Last Stop CD Shop, I found a Dean Koontz book I had never read. I love to browse Last Stop for their great selection of used books. "The Door To December" is an earlier publication that looked like one of his good psychological thrillers. It's about a mother that is reunited with her daughter that had been kidnapped by the father when she tried to file for divorce.


It is discovered that this poor little girl has withdrawn into an autistic like state and the men who had psycologically tortured her are mysteriously dying one by one. Normally this is a book I would just tear through, excited to find out what is happening next, but it just didn't happen. For some reason, I only enjoy some of Koontz's books, and this was one I can say I struggled with. It is over 500 pages long and actually only takes place over a few days, so that explains why it moved very slowly. The only reason I didn't put it down was because I had actually paid money for it, although used, and I didn't have anything next waiting for me. Hope I can at least get 50 cents back when we put it on the rummage next year, but maybe I should take it back and see if I can sell it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment