Monday, October 4, 2010

Ape House


Sara Gruen takes the lives of animals and creates beautiful stories, and Ape House was no exception. I liked this story more than her last, Water for Elephants. I feel like it was a nonfiction book, the apes were so real and I'm sure there is some reality TV creator trying to think how he can get around animal rights laws to actually do what happens in the story.


I know she was trying to let the world know that animal rights are very important and that it is so amazing that apes can communicate with humans as well as they do, but I feel that the actual story was to expose the way reality TV has debased life as we know it. Anyone will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame and a big pile of money, and it is so sad that they will toss anyone aside to get to their goal. I love some reality shows, but there are some out there that need to be outlawed. I don't care what some Jersey punks are doing to get their kicks, or how some guy living in his parent's basement is waiting for the perfect girl (who his mom chooses) to come along. Yes, some are informative and life changing, but can we please be more selective?

No comments:

Post a Comment