Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Car????

I am up super early on my vacation because I was craving a Starbucks. It's been only since last Saturday since my last, but I had a free one I had to use, so off I went. This post is not about my love for Starbucks, which you all know, but the fact that I had to get up so early.

I had to get up early so I had a car to use. I know it's my car, and I should be able to use it whenever I want, but I also have a teen who lives with me who doesn't have a car and has open campus for lunch. Oh the horror if she has to stay at school during open campus! She has many friends who also have open campus, but she has a study hall after, so hers is longer than theirs, which is why she NEEDS the car.

She does come home after lunch so I can drive her back to school and have the car until the end of the day, but still, the thought of sitting at home without a car is very frustrating. Not that I need it for anything, I would just sit at home anyway. If I did go somewhere, it wouldn't be until later in the day, which is after her lunch period. I sit at work on my lunch hour because I don't have a car to go anywhere, so why can't she? Faith gets up on my work days and drives me in (whether it's 5 a.m. or 6) so I don't have to leave work to take her to school, so it works out that way. She's also done at 4 p.m. and able to pick me up after. It still sucks!! My lunch hour used to be my mental break, now it's in the breakroom listening to everyone else's problems. I sacrifice, so why shouldn't she? Because I am the Mom and love her. Oh well, guess I just stay home today. Not like I had any plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment