Monday, October 18, 2010

My Favorite Coffee Cup




I have a new favorite coffee cup. Of course it is a Snoopy one, and the most recent in a long line of favorites. Strange how we love certain things more than others that we use daily. I actually smile a little when my favorite cup is clean and I can use it that morning.

In college it was a cup given to me by a friend at our high school graduation. It is long gone, but said something about needing to relax a little, which just tells you that I was a tad uptight sometimes.

When living in Des Moines, I had a free coffee mug that I had received from the local Catholic Church. I liked it because it was the perfect size and weight, not because of where it came from. Lost that mug when my ex thought it was funny to break it because he knew how much I liked it. Not a big deal, it was just one of his many ways to try to break me. Little did he know I found one the same weight and size at the local dollar store.

That purple dollar store mug is still in the cupboard, and I still enjoy using it, along with some free green mugs from some giveaway Mom and Dad had received. They are now my back up coffee cups when my new favorite is dirty. I love it, for many reasons, but the best is because Faith bought it for me just because she wanted to get it for me. I also love the saying "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket". It just reminds me that we all need to start fresh the next day, no matter how bad the current day is. The mug always puts a smile on my face:)

No comments:

Post a Comment