Monday, October 4, 2010

Fragile


I discovered Lisa Unger when I read a summary of one of her first novels, and was hooked. Now she is on my list to watch for new publications, and was excited when I discovered this one being released. The description was exactly what I love to read: family angst, mystery, history of a small town.


It started out good, and at first I thought I had it all figured out. My assumption really had the book dragging along, because I wanted it to end quickly to prove I was right. I wasn't and I spoiled it for myself, sure I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't do things like that.


I loved the fact she based it in a small town, and felt comfortable with the surroundings. The only thing I think could have been left out was a storyline of a guy doing pest control. I know he had some important clues to the mystery, but almost felt we could have gotten to the same end results by having the main characters figure things out themselves. At the end the author even includes how the pest control guy turned his life around, and you know what? I didn't really care how he ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment