Friday, November 12, 2010

Alone Time

I crave my alone time when I'm at work, and that is my hour lunch period. I have not been able to have a quiet lunch period for a long time now. Faith drives me to school in the morning, and I no longer have a vehicle to hide in. It is much easier for her to drive me to work, and then she is done at 4, picking me up at 5. It really works great when she has to work at 5, then I have the car. The only bad point is, I have to eat in the building.

I've tried everything, I put headphones in, people still try to talk to me. I hide in an office with a door shut, people just barge in. I sit in the breakroom, and then get paged for a phone call. Today I did something so out of my normal routine, it shocked even me. I went and ate at HyVee, sitting at a table by myself.

I have never done that, even if I'm traveling. I would always eat in my hotel room. I was always afraid of looking stupid. Not anymore. It was noisy, yet no one talked to me!!!! I read my book, and no one talked to me!!!! You see, in my life this is a HUGE accomplishment. I don't like to step out of my comfort zone, and I did it and found I survived, and went back to work feeling like I could tackle the afternoon. Yeah for me. The only problem is it will cost me money, so it will be limited. I can't bring myself to just sit there without buying anything. I know they wouldn't say anything, but I really don't think that is the right thing to do.

Yeah for me!!!!

Now what I do when I have too much alone time at home because Faith is always gone????

No comments:

Post a Comment