Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pray for Silence


If you know me, you've heard that I hate to read series out of order. I also try to read an author's first publication until I get to the one I really want to read. It's almost as if I follow their journey of writing, even if they don't write an actual series. It's just one of my "issues".


I checked this book out, thinking it was the one I had wanted to read earlier this year. I didn't pay attention to the cover, but discovered after starting it that it was the second in a series by the author. Normally, I put the book down, and get the first one to start over, but I couldn't with this one. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and I decided I couldn't wait to finish it.


Glad I kept reading. The main character is typical of what I tend to read, a strong woman solving problems. What I really liked is that it combined another fascination of mine, the Amish. I can't explain why I want to read about this private group of people, and was introduced by Beverly Lewis when I started another of her series. Castillo takes it to a new experience for me, the main character chose to leave the Amish faith, but is still living where she was raised. The crimes committed against the Amish in her community become personal for her. I think I am going to pick up the first publication at the library. Although I know how that book ended, I am really interested in the developement of the characters I discovered. It was a quick, fascinating read, and another I couldn't figure out the ending on my own, which is always a plus for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment