Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book Shelf

I want to add some more to my earlier post. I mentioned I almost bought Hugo's classic. I have three bookshelves of my own, and at least one of them is filled with books I have purchased but not read yet. I tend to check out books from the library and read those first, because of the due dates. Occasionally I pick one up when the library holds dry up, but many are sitting there for the day I choose them.

While at the bookstore, I had a thought. Do I "hoard" books so I have a great stack if I am ever stranded for a long period at home? Yes, I think I am book hoarder. I just hope that someday I will live in a place I can have an actual library. Faith is moving out someday, I can rearrange her room. Don't tell her...it will be our little secret.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I never thought about that before, but I could totally see you as a book hoarder :). Maybe you can be a star on a new TV reality show.

    In response to your thoughts about what makes a classic, I really like your interpretation. I have always struggled with how some books have been "chosen" as classics. I also believe that a classic must be something that can be enjoyed by all ages and that evokes a strong enough emotion that many want to reread multiple times. Instead, I find that "classics" are often chosen for the writing style alone.

    ReplyDelete