Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Blues

No, I'm not feeling blue, just loving the Blues! Recently I wrote about the anniversary of Stevie Ray Vaughan's death, and I had also published some of his videos on my facebook page. One of my employees (alot are my "friends" on facebook--it's a great way for them to communicate to me and it's very easy to ask them info too) mentioned that he's a big fan too. He told me a story about getting stranded in a small town in Texas during a business trip, and the town was having a big blues fest, so he was enjoying alot of the music. He was going to burn a CD for me and have me try it out.

OMG! The music is amazing, I listened to it all that weekend. He later told me it was Smokin' Joe Kubek and Mike Morgan and The Crawl. Had to give Dad a copy---so he's going to have to give me his opinion on it too. It's now on frequent rotation on a playlist. I love how music can link people, and I love getting new ideas from others.

On the subject of music, I have to include this for Dad: The other day I was working along side all of my fun employees in the stockroom. Some of the conversation gets very interesting, and I was just listening in. A couple of youngsters were singing "Secret Agent Man". I stopped and turned around and the expressions on their faces when they saw me were "what?". I asked "How do you know that song, it's older than you are?". They shrugged and said "Austin Powers". Sigh, oh well, thought for sure they were up on the cool music.

No comments:

Post a Comment