Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Burning Wire


This was the third book I finished while on vacation. On my first day off, three new books were available for me off my hold list. It was fate, because I was on vacation and because they were all new releases from favorite authors.


I enjoy the Lincoln Rhyme series, but the lastest I had parts I skimmed over. Deaver has started to list things and get too technical for the storyline. During the plot, the cops "list" their facts on white boards, and I don't know why the author feels he needs to put it in the book (kind of like those other authors that include recipes). I don't feel it adds anything, and doesn't help me try to figure out the ending.


Anyway, you have all read how I vary the types of books I read to keep my interest up, and fate has it that this is the third thriller I have read in a row. It was not by choice, it just so happens that the three books available were all thrillers, so I have a feeling that this one was a little dull because I was tired of the mystery. Doesn't matter though, I still look forward to his next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment