Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Phone

It was time to update the phones. Our two year agreement was coming to a close, and Faith was pestering me, so we headed to the store. I know many of you like to do it online, but I tried that and it was too hard for me. I have to ask a person the questions I have, not scroll through a website to find the answer. I was going to go in and get a regular phone, you know, just talk and text. Don't need all those fun gadgets, or so I thought...

Faith wanted a phone with internet. She said she would pay the extra per month, so I agreed that was okay. Then the salesman started showing her the newest, the Samsung Fascinate. I was hooked when he said that if we purchased that phone, we could get any other phone in the store for FREE. Of course, I went with the same one. He took 25% off the phone covers for both phones, and the car charger (which can charge both phones at the same time). I usually buy those later, but end up waiting forever to pick them up, so we just took care of it there. I also got a discount because of my employer, and it is discounted every month as well. We got both phones and accessories for $350, with a $200 rebate coming. I think we did a great job. I know I could have gone with free phones, but then I would not have the Star Wars app with sound effects, a Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes app with daily comic strips, the Paper Toss game, Angry Birds game, etc. What can I say? Show us technology and we have to have it. Call me sometime, or text me so I can hear the disco music from the Star Wars movie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment