Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Earl Grey Tea

Everyone knows my coffee obsession.  It is strange how as I age, my tastes in foods and beverages have evolved, and I have become very particular on what I consume.  I do enjoy a cup of hot tea every now and then, and the tea I keep on hand at home is Earl Grey.  I discovered it when I had received a gift of assorted teas, and this one I really enjoyed, especially sweetened with honey.  I now purchase it caffeine free, because I think I get enough caffeine from my other daily beverages.  I don't know if there is a particular brand of Earl Grey that is better than the other, it just happens to be the Bigelow brand I pick up when at the store. 

This gets even stranger when my favorite cold tea is just sun tea made with two standard tea bags and one peppermint tea bag.  That is what I drink cold, without any sweetener at all.  I make that all year long, just using hot water and letting it seep overnight.  It is very refreshing when thirsty, and tastes better than water, which would be better for me.  I guess it just makes me seem very picky.

1 comment:

  1. I go through streaks when I really want tea instead of coffee. Tea, to me, has always seemed so comforting, so I typically "crave" it when I'm having a bad day. I'm not sure I've ever tried Earl Grey before - will need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete