Sunday, May 23, 2010

Deliver Us From Evil


Just finished David Baldacci's latest. It took a little longer to read this one than usual because the plot just kind of spun it's wheels in the middle of the story. I love the main character, Shaw, and the idea of a vigilante group anonomously killing off people who have had a horrible past (such as a Nazi who has created a new life), but the book really slowed me down.
I am a fast reader, and find it funny to suprise people at work with a new book I start. They all think I am a speed reader, but I just tell them I don't have any other hobbies. In fact the dentist loves to see what I bring in every time I go in for a cleaning (whether it is for me or Faith) and she said "14 day loan?" (the library has a yellow sticker on it, denoting it is a new publication and that is the limit for checking it out). "How can you get that done in 2 weeks?" I just smiled and said it wasn't a problem. Little does she know that this book really took me almost a week, a few days longer than most!
Back to the book: LOVED the ending. It was totally a cliffhanger--can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment