Friday, May 21, 2010

Don't Know Much About Literature


Faith and I were at the mall looking at the bookstore and found a very interesting author: Kenneth C. Davis. He has a series "Don't Know Much About..." that looked very good. Because I am cheap, we checked them out at the library.
This one was right up my alley! Has some great questions and answers that are all about books. One interesting part of the introduction it told the story about some teens partying and vandalizing a cottage in Vermont. This particular place once belonged to Robert Frost, so the teens were required to attend a class about the poet as part of the sentence. I find that information to be very intriguing and some more non-useful stuff to load up my brain.
I'm having fun trying to see if I can answer some of the questions. I did not know that "Where's papa going with that ax?" was the first line of Charlotte's Web, one of my favorite books growing up, but of course I did know that "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." was the first line of Tale of Two Cities, another favorite of mine. There may be more questions in the future! Who knows which one of you may need some of my handy useless information to win that million dollars on a game show?


No comments:

Post a Comment