Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Get A Clue-Seriously

Because I don't know if there are random people reading my posts, or even if there are people I know besides family browsing my blog, I am going to be as general as I can about the following.


I know some who are getting government assistance to help pay for children's medical care, food supplies, and lodging. I have NO PROBLEM with anyone in need getting help. I encourage it and think that the program is good, though with some faults. What pisses me off is when I know someone who is using it to their advantage.

First case-pregnant and not getting married on purpose. Stated that they will get more government money if they aren't married, even though they probably would be considered "common law" married if the state really wanted to look into it. I don't think that anyone needs to get married to support their family or actually be a family. But actually stating that they are now NOT getting married because they can get more money that way?

Second case-paying major dollars for TWO animals that will need food and vet attention when they continue to receive assistance for above listed needs. These pets were not homeless shelter pets in need of attention, they were pets bred to sell for money. So instead of paying for groceries for a month for their children (yes, more than one child) they purchase 2 animals and keep their appointment with the government to continue to receive assistance.


THAT IS A BIG WTF MOMENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment