Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Reliable Wife


I checked this book out from the library because a recommendation by an employee in a bookstore. I know he was trying to get me to buy it, but I am always trying to save money, so when it is a book by someone new, I turn to the library.
The summary was interesting, and because it was recommended, I thought I'd give it a try.
DON'T BOTHER. The only reason I read the whole thing was because it wasn't very long. The location was the middle of Wisconsin in the early 1900's at the start of a very long winter. In fact the author kept bringing up the fact that many of the townspeople would go crazy over the long winter months. That is what made this book wierd. The craziness around town was mentioned but never in detail. I suppose it was to enhance the strangeness of the main characters, but it didn't work for me. I don't think it helped that we are currently in a stretch of rainy cold weather and no sun outside with a depressing read to get through made for a very strange story.

No comments:

Post a Comment