Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dead In The Family


I was so excited to have one of my favorite authors, Charlaine Harris, along for the ride during vacation. The Sookie Stackhouse series is perfect to read in the car or between the "Logan" times while at the cabin. This book in the series did not disappoint.


Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't gotten to the newest publication, I was excited by the new character introduced. Even more excited than when I discovered that Elvis was turned into a vampire. This new character was from farther back in time, and is part of a family that has always been an interesting topic, because it is always discussed if someone ever lived through the tragedy. We also found out about Eric's "dad" and Bill's "sister".


After watching the HBO series "True Blood" season one, I did have difficulty finding myself comparing the two differences, and the theme song kept running through my head. Jace Everett's "Bad Things" is a song I had to download as soon as I heard it. It is a country/blues/zydeco song that is addicting. In fact I am listening to it right now (Dad-you should try it too!). Once again a literature addiction has turned me onto a new recording artist. Strange how that happens, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment