Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kristen Turns 40 Today!!!


I love how blogging has allowed me to wish special people in my life Birthday Wishes. I want to take time out to wish one of them a very special Birthday. Kristen turns 40 today. I want her to know that it is just a number, and if she thinks like I do, she probably still feels 17, which is how old her son turned the day before.


My memories of life start when Kristen was there. I don't recollect her being born, her coming home from the hospital, or ever being jealous over our parent's affections when she joined our small family. My memories begin when she was already there, which should tell her how special she really is.


Even though she is 2 years younger than me (and you need to remember that when you regret reaching that 40 year mark) I still look up to her as if she is my big sister. She is who I try to be. I am always amazed at what she has accomplished. In high school, she made more friends than I did. In college she took all of those fun road trips to far away places, then proceeded to single handedly raise her son all on her own. She went back to school while a single mom, first completing her bachelor's degree, than amazingly that Master's degree. Wow, she accomplished what only I can dream of.


Now she is an important teammember at her job, trying to get funds to support their research for an alternative fuel. She wasn't afraid to jump into doing something she didn't know much about, she just did it. Kristen volunteers (I know you think it's work, but it's something many wouldn't do) with a special group of young adults, sometimes giving up her free time to take them places they want to go.


Thank you, Kristen, for being there and teaching me what a great person is. You are amazing in everything you do, and because of you I am a better person. LOVE YOU:)

No comments:

Post a Comment