Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lori Armstrong







































I would like to introduce you to one of my great finds, and a local writer. Lori Armstrong caught my attention with her first book, "Blood Ties". After doing a little research and discovering she lives in Rapid City, I picked up her book and was hooked right away. The main character is the strong woman who is trying to get by, which is typically my favorite type of book.



Although disappointed when the series ended with "Snow Blind" I was happy to see a new publication, "No Mercy" was being released. This newest book also had a strong female lead and also took place in the land that sits between the Black Hills and the Badlands. I always enjoy finding new local authors, and if I owned that bookstore in Hill City (yes, can't get it out of my head!!!) this series would be one I would love to introduce to the tourists, just to prove that in South Dakota you can find good writing. Now if I could just figure out how to post pictures. I can never get them right!

No comments:

Post a Comment