Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Quiet Night

Now that Faith has a job, I find myself having more quiet nights at home. While she was growing up, I felt as if I had a twin. She would always be where I was, and if we were walking along and I just suddenly stopped, Faith would actually run into me she was always that close. We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment and I would get up to go to the bathroom and she actually would ask where I was going. There were many times I would look forward to when she would be gone, staying a night with a friend or away for the weekend visiting her dad. But once she was gone I was at a loss.

I thought it was hard to plan meals for 2, try doing it for 1. Faith now just eats on the run, mostly at work. Tonight it was not healthy, and I really am embarrassed to tell you what it was (chips and salsa--you won't judge, right?).

Is what I'm feeling just preparing me for that "empty nest" syndrome I always hear about? Next year she will be a senior, and I am sure the nights alone will only increase over time. I have a feeling that this summer will be a constant flurry of Faith going somewhere, where I find myself just slowing down. Oh to get old...one minute we are looking for the time we can stop and do what we want, and the next minute we are wishing the clock could be rewound.

No comments:

Post a Comment