Monday, April 26, 2010

Free Sample

I sign up for free samples occansionally, mostly because they end up sending great coupons with the sample. About a month ago I received my sample from Pantene shampoo and it was a FULL sized bottle with 3 $2 coupons as well. That was a jackpot. The one I got in the mail today--not so much.

Actually it is quite funny. It was from the company that makes Chewy Lemonheads. The package was a nice small bubble envelope and I kind of laughed when I opened it (carefully so I can reuse the envelope of course). Inside was a tiny package of 6---yes I said 6 pieces of candy. I looked in the envelope and there wasn't anything else, no "Thanks for trying our candy", no coupons, no junk mail, just the tiny bag of candy.

What's really funny was there were 2 stamps on the package, totally $1.22 to mail it. I think a theater box of the same candy cost $1.00 at WalMart. I think this company really needs to find other oppurtunities to get their candy in the market, because if they continue with this promotion, they could be broke in 6 months. Just think if they would have sent me a postcard with a coupon attached for a free box of the $1.00 candy it would have been cheaper for them in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment