Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwiches

Here is a picture of the best pickles every, and this is what it takes to make the ultimate peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Thought I would share what I eat when I have to make that dreaded meal for one, which happened to be tonight. These pickles are from Mom and Dad's pickle packing party they do evey summer, and I think we would riot if they ever stopped canning them. The pickles have the right amount of spice, heat, and crunch and coordinate well with the peanut butter.


Here are the other two ingrediants, good bread and creamy peanut butter. I know you have to look at this picture sideways, but it took me long enough to get them loaded and I didn't have the patience to figure out how to rotate it.


You have to spread a layer of peanut butter on both sides of the bread. This prevents the sogginess that can happen when the pickle juice hits the bread. This also helps when you are taking this particular sandwich to lunch so you don't have wet bread by the time noon rolls around. I also used this trick on Faith's PBJ sandwiches for lunch, having the jelly between the 2 layers of PB so the bread wouldn't get soggy (also great trick on the PB and banana).





Cut the pickles to desired thickness. Because these are homemade pickles, they are whole.




This was my side dish, some chips from a free bag I picked up last weekend. CHEAP but good chips. Sorry the pic is sideways.























Here is the finished result.





What can I say, it hit the spot and the price was great!!!
Now does someone remember who taught us how to make this wierd sandwich?







2 comments: