Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring--It's a good season but...

Spring is a great time of the year, but not my favorite. I know it is a time of rebirth, Easter, and the sun shining on your face after a long hard winter (especially this past one-we will want to put that one down in the record books) but it is also a reminder of how well your old shorts and t-shirts no longer fit.

I like to cover my body, unfortunately I have a very low self esteem. I hate the way I look in pictures (which is why there aren't too many out there) and the mirror shows the true refections. No magic mirrors in my house. Spring is not the time to cover up, that is for fall, the best season possible. I don't look good in pastels, but the fall colors are the best for covering up those lumps and bumps.

Yesterday I did manage to pull out my summer clothes, but regreted putting away those bulky sweaters in maroon, dark green and yes, black. Thankfully I don't have much problem this year fitting into the shorts and capris, at least that is what I am telling myself. Ignore the muffin tops I say!!!

Yes, there is something about the birds singing in the morning, along with the sun being out when I do have to go to work during the ungodly morning hours, but I would prefer it to be fall every day of the year. The wind is more tolerable in the fall, as long as it doesn't blow all of the changing leaves off the trees. The smell of flowers in April is nice, but the smell of woodsmoke from the first fire of September brings back more memories for me. The first robin of the year is pretty, but not as awesome as the many geese flying in perfect formation following their instincts in October. Those bunny rabbits hopping in your yard can make you giggle, but my smile is much bigger when those four deer bound along side the fenceline of a recently harvested corn field (as long as they don't jump in front of the car).

What holiday is better, Easter or Halloween? Both are very spiritual, and both are centered around children, but Easter is more about family while Halloween is full of fun and tricks. I will take Halloween over Easter any day. Don't get me wrong, I respect the fact that Easter is very spiritual, but on Halloween we never had to go to church, and could dress up in anything we dreamed of being!! Easter is about reverance, but Halloween is about faking people out---that tops it in my book. The only thing they have in common is candy. Now that they make Halloween Peeps, unfortunately Easter has lost it's edge in that fight.

One last important part, Lucy does not shed in the fall. As I am typing this she keeps trying to stand in front of the computer screen leaving bits of her fur all over the place. Uggggg....

No comments:

Post a Comment